The Power of your subconscious mind was Joseph Murphy’s most famous work and was published in 1963.
Looking at the title you might think that it’s another self-help book that tells you to conceive, believe and achieve but it’s a lot more than that.
Before we dive in any further here’s the premise of the book. There are two minds the conscious and the subconscious mind.
Your conscious mind is your objective or thinking mind. Your unconscious mind is the part of your brain that remembers everything you have ever seen or heard.
It influences your thoughts by generating ideas based on past memories and knowledge, which are then transferred to the conscious mind where they are processed before being put into action for you to see.
Conscious or Objective Mind
The Conscious mind is the rational mind. It’s the part of you that makes all your decisions, including those about how to live, what to think, what to feel, what goals to set for yourself, etc.
It is what we use to make decisions, and what we use when we need to come up with a plan for some project at school or work.
However, it does not have any memory and can only hold one thought at a time, so it needs some help from the subconscious mind when gathering information or figuring out problems.
Subconscious or Subjective Mind
The subconscious mind or the subjective mind is the part of the mind that works without any help from your conscious mind.
It is independent of your conscious mind, and it controls your senses and bodily functions.
We can harness the power of the subconscious mind to have a positive impact on our lives. We can use it to achieve our goals and change our lives, but we need to know how to activate and control it first.
It is the place where you store all your memories and experiences. The subconscious mind governs how we behave on a day-to-day basis.
Our thoughts and emotions shape our life on a daily basis. Thoughts become desires, desires become actions, and actions become our realities.
The power of your subconscious mind
So How can you Harness the power of your subconscious mind?
We are our thoughts and at the end of the day, we have a billion thoughts going through our heads.
Our train of thought certainly has an influence on our lives and we should make sure to speak to our subconscious minds and make it positive.
We can learn from the past and rewire our brains for the future. We can still suffer from something that happened years ago or simply move on.
Here are some important takeaways from the power of your subconscious mind:
- Don’t be bitter of the past and don’t hold onto it. Imagine carrying a brick with you everywhere you go. It’s heavy baggage and it’s useless. You just have to let it go.
- Whenever you are having negative self talk with yourself STOP! and have a moment. Replace negative talk with positive affirmations and visualize happiness.
- Never say negative things about yourself. The subconscious doesn’t know if you’re playing or not. That’s from Mike Tyson but I thought I should leave that here.
- The past is like the rearview mirror the future is the big beautiful windshield that lies ahead. It’s upto you where you want to live.
- What you plant in your subconscious mind is expressed in your conscious mind. So be sure to keep it positive.
It’s easier said than done. We have to unlearn before we relearn and our subconscious mind can be our most powerful tool in life, or it could be our worst enemy.